Educational Consultants Assist Students With College Search, Applications And Essays
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) recommends that high school counselors work with no more than 100 students. Most public high school counselors have a student load of at least 350 students. On average, high school counselors spend 38 minutes helping students with the college search, applications, and admissions process.
Educational consultants are not associated with a high school or college. They have the time, training, and expertise to provide individual attention to students with their college search, applications and essays, financial aid and scholarships, and the college admissions process.
Here are five reasons why hiring an educational consultant to work with your high school student might be the best investment you ever made:
1. Educational consultants understand the college admissions process and visit colleges and universities regularly to discover what makes one school different from another. They meet with college admissions officers at each school so they know about the continuous changes that take place on individual campuses.
2. Educational consultants help your student find colleges that are a good fit, not just a big name. They want your student to be successful in the college admissions process and to have a variety of schools from which to choose. They know that students have been bombarded with all kinds of information from schools. After a while, each college begins to look and sound alike. They help families separate the hype from the facts.
3. Educational consultants are able to work successfully with your student because they do not have the emotional investment that parents do. They provide reliable college information and objective advice. They give your family another opinion and try to make the college admissions process as stress-free as possible.
4. Educational consultants know that applying to college and college admissions can be a time for students to discover themselves. Students learn to assess their strengths and weaknesses. They determine what it is they want out of a college experience. This helps them with the college search and encourages students to make better college decisions.
5. Educational consultants assist students with their applications and essays. They brainstorm topics that will enable your student to write the most compelling essays that will strengthen their applications. They encourage students to consider topics that have real meaning for them and will convey their personality to an admissions committee.